Friday, September 10, 2010

The Red Wine

I lay on my lazy bed as the golden sunlight flickered on my blue painted wall. The mood is so different today, so lazy , so intoxicating like that old vintage wine. The smell which makes me so intoxicated compelling me to indulge into a different world. My vision blurred all of a sudden, everything started to move in front of me as if i am going back in time. A sudden knock on my head and there's hardly anything i can remember.
I hardly remember for how long i have been lying there. I crawled to the corner as i lay speechless by the amazing beauty. The sky, the sun, the water all conspiring against me and the plot is written in that old brown covered book that lies in the dust beside me. I crawled into the corner of the huge banyan tree as i saw the smoke rising in the horizon. And all of a sudden a bunch of birds like black spots in the red sky just passed by. The red glowing ball of power is all set to go to slumber-land as it slowly crawled down the  the horizon and the river "Ganga" that crawled like a huge snake was waving her goodbye. The sky turned into a different color, a hue much unseen and the water trembled of an unknown fear of darkness. Somewhere far the music of "baul" came flowing kissing my heart all of a sudden. Somewhere nearby a mother was crying out for his son who went into the river for catching fish and have not yet returned. Might be never to return again.Only the echoes can be heard again and again.
How intoxicating can it be? I just wonder. May be that feeling of nostalgia suddenly evoked the longing of my soul's union into that far horizon where the vicious snake kisses the red ball of fire.
I continue gulping it again- The Red wine.

3 comments:

  1. The crimson sky kissing the rippling waves of the ganges and the silhouette of the cradling ferry at the horizon ... and whoosh ... the dusk descends ... and there's the howrah bridge all lit up spreading its glory with pride and heritage ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. transformed into that hyper reality :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roy .. imagination at its best....

    ReplyDelete