Monday, May 9, 2011

A 6X3 iron lady

Have it ever happened to you that you enter your professional world and you have nothing to do except laze away time and watch the clock tick the time you can get off.
Well it happens with me. Perhaps not always but sometime.

As the dusk overshadowed the streets of the city, the hustling and bustling of the city life can be heard back towards their sleepy caves.
A day has ended- a day full of work, surprises, happiness, sadness, tears, joy, money, experience, tea, coffee, coffee again, lunch, coffee, horlicks, meetings, conference, phone calls, voices, dustbin, chair, prisoner.

My car was racing the snail race against the procession of the office returns - the end of a football match, where you run the whole time and then retire at the end. But i suppose, this went too longer than 90 minutes.

"Sir, ghar aa gaya"
This so called air conditioned snail paced moving cars has choked me. I wish i could run in the valley once.
"Sir...."
"Oh yes......yes...thanks bhaiya"

I slogged down towards my so called residence- a 6X3 iron bed.

While i was small, i was fascinated by this iron beds. Those small ones you could see in a government hospital wards where your legs could hardly cuddle in unless you are lucky to be a dwarf size. Patients cuddling into one, crying in pain, spilling blood, beeping sounds, saline bottles, slippery floors, and the smell of dettol, shrieks of pains, tears of losses....all spilled over.

I was lost as i gazed into my 6X3 bed- the iron bed. It seemed good, it is with her I sleep every night. She is hard, she is cold, she is small, yet i try to get myself within it. Sleepless nights or a beautiful dream- she remains the silent spectator to my life. She peeks into my laptop, she slowly sucks away my tears, she resist my anger- she is silent. Why can't she speak?

Sometimes i feel this world has too much to give. Pain , remorse, grief, suffering. But this lucky lady, she is born with a different luck. She is my bed ,perhaps for not so long. At least she is better than a government hospital.

.......IS SHE?

2 comments:

  1. It definitely is .. coz with her u can dream .. dream of a beutiful tomorrow ... no attendent comin time to time to insert the needle ... no morning 6 AM calls to wash ur own veins with heparin ... long calls at nite to resist the loneliness .... able to move around in that bed ll by urself ... no need of someone helping you to turn from one side to the other ....

    Trust Me Its FAR FAR Better .... ASK ME .... Experience Speaks .... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. shows ur true deep passion wid the exotic word of ur life ... "SLEEP"

    ReplyDelete